Urbanspoon

CarpeSummer Portland restaurants

Friday, May 4, 2012

Review: Carpaccio Trattoria

Carpaccio Trattoria is an example of what I love about Portland: ANOTHER new and terrific restaurant! I arrived with no expectations. Would this be a spaghetti and lasagna joint with red-checkered tablecloths? (A wonderful reminder of my youth.) The answer is a definitive, “No.” Instead, Capraccio’s owner and staff offer the friendly, familia welcome we associate with Italia PLUS sophisticated and delicious food.

Isn’t it great when the menu makes it tough to decide? I struggled between many tantalizing options on the happy hour menu (which runs 4-8 pm) and the dinner menu. I went with sea scallops, celery root sauce, pesto and yellow foot mushrooms on the dinner menu. Free, steaming bread with a side of tapanata made of tomato, garlic, olive oil and who knows what else helped tide me over as I enjoyed one of the specialty cocktails. The scallops were seared to perfection and very flavorful, as were the mushrooms and everything on the plate. 

Carpaccio is in the space formerly used by Belly. There are a few parking spots out back, and management hopes to acquire parking rights to the empty space across the street. But, much like Toro Bravo up the road, IF you have any difficulty with parking, Carpaccio Trattoria is well worth it. I plan to return soon.

Carpaccio Trattoria on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment